On Wednesday, April 13 2016, CCMF President Wade McKinney (Indian Wells), Vice President Ken Striplin (Santa Clarita), Anthony Gonsalves, Bruce Channing (Laguna Hills), Paul Arevalo (West Hollywood) and Executive Director Ken Pulskamp traveled to Sacramento to advocate for the city manager community and profession.
“Our yearly trek to the State Capitol for face time with legislators is one of the key benefits the California City Management Foundation provides to its member base,” said CCMF President Wade McKinney. “Not only do we discuss potential legislative issues that might impact our state’s city managers, but we ensure the state’s leaders know who we are and what we do on behalf of the profession.”
CCMF met with the following people while in Sacramento:
- Karon Green, Assembly PERS Committee
- Julie Sauls, Chief of Staff to Senate Republican Leader, Jean Fuller
- Assembly Republican Leader, Chad Mayes
- Pam Schneider, Senate PERS Committee
- Carlos Anguiano, Senate Pro Tem DeLeon’s Office
- Assemblymember Eggman, Chair of the Assembly Local Government Committee
In addition to introductions and conversations, CCMF provided members and their staff with materials that explain the mission of the Foundation and identified the expertise available from the Foundation on the city management profession. Click here to download the 2-sided flyer [PDF].