On Thursday, April 25, 2019, CCMF made its annual advocacy trip to Sacramento. Ken Striplin (Santa Clarita), Justin Hess (Burbank), Paul Arevalo (West Hollywood), and Ken Pulskamp met up with Anthony Gonsalves (Joe A. Gonsalves & Son) and spent the day in the state’s capitol to advocate for the city manager community and profession.
“The work that city managers do is vital to their communities, so one of our biggest priorities each year is to show elected officials and legislators how important the profession is during our annual trip,” said CCMF Executive Director Ken Pulskamp. “Having face time and direct conversations with the people who effect change at the state level helps us work towards our shared goals.”
CCMF met with the following people while in Sacramento:
- Anton Favorini-Csorba & Jonathan Peterson, Senate Governance & Finance Committee
- Charles Wright, Senate Pro Tem’s Office
- David Teykaerts, Kelly Fox & Jamie Pope, CalPERS
- Che Salinas, Chief Deputy Legislative Affairs Secretary
- Katie Kolitsos, Special Assistant to Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon
- Glenn Miles, Senate PERS Committee
In addition to introductions and conversations, CCMF provided members and their staff with materials that explain the mission of the Foundation and identified the expertise available from the Foundation on the city management profession. Click here to download the 2-sided flyer [PDF].