As you have continually heard over the past few years, CCMF is growing. Thanks to record membership levels (from Standard, Retired and Corporate members), we have hit our long-term reserve fund goals. That means we can provide even bigger and better services, events and resources to our members!
Below is an outline of CCMF’s 2016-2018 Strategic Plan–five new projects to help CCMF members pursue excellence in the city management profession. The Strategic Plan contains: two new events, a professional service, a valuable member-only resource, and a new scholarship opportunity.
- A Mid-Career Seminar: Just like CCMF’s “New & Future City Managers Seminar,” this new educational event/networking opportunity will support “mid-career” City Managers through an intensive information-sharing and mentoring seminar.
- A Model Goal-Setting/Performance Evaluation: Similar to CCMF’s Model Employment contract, this new, exclusive Member Resource will compile best practices to ensure City Managers and their Councils are on the same page when it comes to formal performance evaluations.
- Regional Luncheons: We know that not everyone can make it to annual CCMF events, so we are going to bring the events to you. These Regional Luncheons, hosted by CCMF Board Members, will help you get to know your nearby City Managers and build a stronger professional support network.
- Online Professional Toolkit: This new service will provide members with three different options to enhance their online footprint and bolster their professional appearance. That way, when someone Googles your name, they see you in the best light.
- Scholarships to the Harvard Leadership Program: CCMF will partially subsidize a select number of members to attend the Harvard Kennedy School’s “Leadership Decision Making” program. This training affords California City Managers a fantastic opportunity to strengthen their skill set alongside a diverse, nationwide group in a prestigious academic setting.
Each of these benefits reflects CCMF’s long-term commitment to supporting California City Managers and the city management profession. We hope you are excited as the CCMF Board is about these new offerings, and we hope that you will all take advantage of these beneficial new resources in the coming years. Stay tuned to the CCMF website and emails for additional details about each of these benefits.