CCMF Mission Statement:
The mission of the California City Management Foundation is to promote and encourage excellence in city management in all of California’s 480+ incorporated cities and towns.
Expanded Mission Statement:
Through our extensive peer network we offer guidance, support and advice for City Managers in all stages of their careers. Working with the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) we help establish ethical standards in the industry. We sponsor luncheons and conferences, provide legal advice, and maintain a library of resources for our members. We do a lot of things, but above all, we foster a community of City Managers, both online and off.
There are five essential roles for CCMF to play in the lives of city managers:
- Celebrate individual city managers and our profession
- Support policies that make for successful, manageable and enduring cities
- Ensure the profession remains attractive to the best talent to ensure good city managers are available to cities
- Help current and future city managers advance their careers with education, training and career transition.
- Encourage and support managers through difficult times.
By focusing on these key areas, CCMF will have a sustainable mission in purpose in the years ahead and add value to our members’ lives.
2021-23 Strategic Plan:
- Advancing the Profession Through Meaningful Data: CCMF will produce an annual report tracking the length of city manager tenures in the state.
- Creating More Connections: To strengthen our extensive peer network and lay the groundwork for more regional events, CCMF will develop and maintain a “pin drop” map showing where CCMF members are located.
- Celebrating City Managers: Highlighting the many faces, stories and lessons learned of city managers across the state is a continuing priority for CCMF. CCMF will expand the Profiles in Management series in 2021-23 to help give city managers the recognition they deserve.
- Upgrading Membership Management: CCMF is pursuing an “auto-renewal” membership option so you never have to worry whether your membership has expired. This may be part of a member management system upgrade with many new exciting features, so stay tuned.
To learn more about CCMF, visit our Press Materials page.