CCMF Mission Statement:
The mission of the California City Management Foundation is to promote and encourage excellence in city management in all of California’s 480+ incorporated cities and towns.
Expanded Mission Statement:
Through our extensive peer network we offer guidance, support and advice for City Managers in all stages of their careers. Working with the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) we help establish ethical standards in the industry. We sponsor luncheons and conferences, provide legal advice, and maintain a library of resources for our members. We do a lot of things, but above all, we foster a community of City Managers, both online and off.
There are five essential roles for CCMF to play in the lives of city managers:
- Celebrate individual city managers and our profession
- Support policies that make for successful, manageable and enduring cities
- Ensure the profession remains attractive to the best talent to ensure good city managers are available to cities
- Help current and future city managers advance their careers with education, training and career transition.
- Encourage and support managers through difficult times.
By focusing on these key areas, CCMF will have a sustainable mission in purpose in the years ahead and add value to our members’ lives.
2016-18 Strategic Plan:
- A Mid-Career Seminar: Just like CCMF’s “New & Future City Managers Seminar,” this new educational event/networking opportunity will support “mid-career” City Managers through an intensive information-sharing and mentoring seminar.
- A Model Goal-Setting/Performance Evaluation: Similar to CCMF’s Model Employment contract, this new, exclusive Member Resource will compile best practices to ensure City Managers and their Councils are on the same page when it comes to formal performance evaluations.
- Regional Luncheons: We know that not everyone can make it to annual CCMF events, so we are going to bring the events to you. These Regional Luncheons, hosted by CCMF Board Members, will help you get to know your nearby City Managers and build a stronger professional support network.
- Online Professional Toolkit: This new service will provide members with three different options to enhance their online footprint and bolster their professional appearance. That way, when someone Googles your name, they see you in the best light.
- Scholarships to the Harvard Leadership Program: CCMF will partially subsidize a select number of members to attend the Harvard Kennedy School’s “Leadership Decision Making” program. This training affords California City Managers a fantastic opportunity to strengthen their skill set alongside a diverse, nationwide group in a prestigious academic setting.
To learn more about CCMF, visit our Press Materials page.