The California City Management Foundation promotes and encourages excellence in city management for city managers at all stages of their careers. CCMF has resources and services that will help you whether you are enjoying the fruits of your labor as a retired City Manager, on the path toward city management as an Assistant CM, in transition from your last city, or a seasoned City Manager looking to grow professionally.
If you are considering becoming a CCMF member, please visit the Join CCMF page for more information.
If you are already a CCMF member, please check out the CCMF website and these specific resources and services below. You can also view/download this PDF that shows you How to Maximize Your CCMF Membership.
Do you have ideas on how CCMF can better serve you? Contact Us!
Current/New City Managers
- CCMF has a growing library of articles for City Managers that can help you pursue excellence in your role as chief administrator.
- Consider applying to a professional leadership training program, then applying for a $7,500 Educational Grant to help with tuition.
- Thanks to the Judy L. Kelsey Memorial Fund, your agency could win a $5,000 grant to fund a seasonal local government internship.
- Our Online Professional Toolkit service will help you take control of your online reputation. Executive recruiters will Google your name–what do you want them to find?
In-Transition City Managers
- CCMF’s handy Managers In Transition Guidebook provides you with checklists and guidance on how to make a clean separation with your city.
- Keep an eye on the CCMF Job Board for your next city manager job opportunity.
- Take advantage of our free Resume Review service: executive recruiters will freshen up your resume before you start your job hunt.
- Contact CCMF and let us know how else we can support you during your city manager transition.
Retired City Managers
- Are you and your spouse unsure of how retirement will work? Our membership for Retired City Managers includes “Encore: Navigating the Transition Together” for advice from other retired city managers.
- If you are considering taking on an Interim City Manager position, we also provide a Public Agency Checklist for Hiring CalPERS Retirees for best practices in going back to work.
- There are plenty of opportunities to Connect With the Profession and give back to the city management community, especially the next generation of leaders.
Future City Managers
- Read Do I Qualify? to learn about CCMF’s membership and when you can apply to join this supportive community.
- CCMF’s annual New & Future City Managers Seminar is the perfect opportunity for new or soon-to-be city managers to get answers to all the questions you were afraid to ask about taking on the top role.
- Each Spring, local government graduate students can apply for a $2,500 Wes McClure Scholarship to help with their tuition costs.
- If there are other ways CCMF could support you on your path towards being a City Manager, please Contact Us!